Monday, April 17, 2017

The Key to Knowledge!

Have you ever wondered what the key to knowledge is? I have and I will let you in on the secret. Are you ready? YOU!! You are your key to your knowledge. It's true. No one else can give you knowledge until you are ready to take it.
My family and I were driving and this was our discussion. It made me think.... this is what I wanted to share with you this week.
Our discussion started as we discussed what classes the kids would be taking next year. I am sure this is going on everywhere. We discussed with our kids that the only limitation on what they chose to learn was... now this is a big one... THEMSELVES!! You see the only person that usually holds us back are ourselves. We get this idea that we "can't" do something. We all have those thoughts time to time. I have even had the thought, tried, and failed miserably. I didn't stop though. I kept trying. Reaching out and asking for help if I needed.
As long as we put forth the effort, and try we can never limit our knowledge. Now I am not saying you have to love everything you are being taught at school. I have been and I know some subjects do not interest us. Does that mean we give up on that subject? NOPE!! We still need to try. Teachers put in countless hours to teach you. Giving up some of their own personal
time to help you. What I guess I am saying is this, give 100% of yourself and you will get 110% back.
I even have a little challenge for you, now you will need to ask a parents permission. Here is the challenge.....find something you want to learn more about. Anything, cooking, crocheting, sewing, shooting, self defense....etc, The list goes on. Go to your local library, online (with parental permission of course) and learn about something YOU want to learn. It opens up so many doors of opportunity. YOU are the KEY to your KNOWLEDGE!!

As always keep your Ivy Girl Promise!!

Love to you all,
Catherine
(Northern Nevada Director)

No comments:

Post a Comment