Friday, May 26, 2017

Dreaming to Reality

One of my biggest pet peeves is when people just hope their dreams will come true. Like we can just sit back and wish upon a star and BOOM! Dream come true. That is NOT how it happens, but work its what makes it happen. Ive always been obsessed with sports. Any sport I've tried it, and I probably loved it. But swimming and water polo, those are for me! I quickly fell in love, and knew I wanted to be part of both for as long as I could, but I knew if I wanted to pursue sports I needed a lot of hard work. Growing up my grandpa, a very wise man taught to do your best, and then some. To push yourself and then push a bit more. Ive always tried to live that, and when times got tough in sports I relied on that. Coming first and leaving last are great things to do, and that really pushed me, but then I pushed a little harder and added my own extra workouts, I dug as deep as I could, and I saw the pay off. I peaked at my all time fastest in college as I applied these things. My sprinting ability improved and my distance and endurance became stronger than I had imagined possible. I realized if I would've just aimed for the goals I thought I could reach and not go that and then some yard, I wouldn't have reached this potential I didn't know was possible for myself.  I realized what this quote states. If we choose to be brave, to do something maybe we think is a little too hard, or that scares or pushes us a bit, but is something we really believe in, if we put in the work, and then some, our dreams truly can become reality. 


No comments:

Post a Comment